Monday, December 19, 2011

Rule #3

Rule #3
Once a sugarholic always a sugarholic: you can't afford to have even a little.

So I  am a person who likes to test herself occassionally.  Like yesterday.  I still have till 1 Jan 2012 to play around with sugar (yeah right)....so I had a good morning.  Went to check out a house to buy; which I wont, anyway it's behind a terrific shopping centre where we do out weekly shop so I popped in to post off the last of the xmas cards.....which will be a bit late........and just thought I'd see if any of the cafe's has gluten free Xmas Mince Pies.....well none of them did however I did notice this gluten free cranberry slice so I bought it.  Went home had lunch then later remembered about the slice so got it out to eat...well......my taste buds went into overdrive...the pastry melted in my mouth.  The tartness of the cranberries covered in a white chocolate sent me into raptures of delight.  It was delicious.  I started working out how many I could eat before 1 Jan.  Then it was gone.  Just a memory.  I felt flat.  Then I felt this tingling going through my body.  It was like when I haven't had a gin and tonic for awhile and as I rtake the first mouthfull I can feel the gin going all the way down my body, normally stopping at the knees for a few extra seconds then travelling down the resr of my body.

Well that's what I felt yesterday.  The sugar rush.  What else could it be?  Could be my imagination who knows.  Then I noticed for the rest of the day AND evening all I craved for was sugar.

Now sometimes I am a slow learner.  This time it stops here.  No more 'testing' myself.  I didn't like having the cravings again.  I did not feel in control.  I felt quite desperate again.  I had considered getting a gluten free Xmas pudding to share on Christmas day as my husband would have a slice or two however after yesterday there is no way I will have anything like that in my house again.

Easy peasy. 

I was 'talking' to a friend  on Facebook yesterday who jokingly put in a subtle suggestion about me not being attracted to sweet foods anymore.  Now this woman is a hypnotherapist and she wasn't being so subtle really....it is a great idea and one to consider;  If you have a sweet tooth and really want to do someething about it and feel you can't do it all youself, then ask for help.  Go see a hypnotherapist if that is what it takes.  If you live in Cairns then book in to my 8 week workshop on "Healthy Lifestyles". 

If you live in Brisbane go see my mate Mandy or Bernice in Adelaide.  I have their details.  I know people in Melbourne who can help.  There's no need to try to fight addictions on your own.  You can book in for a skype session with me or anyone of these terrific practitoners to help you with whatever your issue is.  With addictions I honestly believe that people (like me) need that ongoing support.  It's not just "getting over" the addiction it's learning to live with it.  Being aware that there are temptations espcecially if it's about food.   We have to shop, prepare and eat food each and everyday.  It's in our face.  There's no seperation with food however I think it's realising it's a day by day committment to do the best we can.

I just went back and re-read my 5 rules;

1.  Believe you are not being deprived or Have the right attitude

2. Do not snack on sugar

3.  Once a sugarholic always a sugarholuc; you can't afford to even have a little

4. Don't concern yourself with fat content other than to steer clear of low-fat foods (they increase sugar content for flavour)

5.  Party food is for parties

Some rules are meant to be broken but not these.  Not if you are serious about your health.

Speak soon xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment