Monday, December 12, 2011

Another day another meal with sugar

David and I drove from Cairns to Port Douglas on Sunday as we love this small beachside villiage.  They have great Sunday markets with many beautifully made local produces.

We found a cafe to have lunch in.  One we haven't been to before.  Lovely location overlooking the sea with the boats just cruising past.  As we checked out he menu we discussed the possiblity of sugar being in some of the sauces but as I said, I still have till 1st Jan before eliminating all sugars.  Se we went ahead a ordered Spare Ribs.  I must say they were the best spare ribs both David & I have ever tasted.  They were delicious. Tender, scrumpious with a yummy sauce.

Later in the afternoon when we had got home and were sitting and relaxing I noticed my stomach was actually hurting then not long after I noticed it was bloated.  Not again!  I haven't felt bloated in a few weeks now.  After checking that day's food list the only thing we could decide was causing the problem was the spare ribs and the sauce.  Well I was hopeful I would be ok but obviously not.

My stomach is obviously very sensitive.  It may have been before giving up sugar and I just didn't notice, apart from the bloated feeling.  I can't eat sugar.  It's that simple and this example of eating just a bit in a sauce proves it to me once and for all.

Sugar is in nearly everything we eat.  I know I have said this before but maybe it needs reinforcing. Maybe I need reinforcing.

"Kicking sugar and white flour and substituting whole grains, vegetables and natural fruits in season, is the core of any sensible natural regimen. Changing the quality of your carbohydrates can change the quality of your health and life. If you eat natural food of good quality, quantity tends to take care of itself. Nobody is going to eat a half-dozen sugar beets or a whole case of sugar cane. Even if they do, it will be less dangerous than a few ounces of sugar. Sugar of all kinds-natural sugars, such as those in honey and fruit (fructose), as well as the refined white stuff (sucrose)-tends to arrest the secretion of gastric juices and have an inhibiting effect on the stomach's natural ability to move. Sugars are not digested in the mouth, like cereals, or in the stomach, like animal flesh. When taken alone, they pass quickly through the stomach into the small intestine. When sugars are eaten with other foods-perhaps mThe sugar in the bread and the Coke sit there with the hamburger and the bun waiting for them to be digested. While the stomach is working on the animal protein and the refined starch in the bread, the addition of the sugar practically guarantees rapid acid fermentation under the conditions of warmth and moisture existing in the stomach. One lump of sugar in your coffee after a sandwich is enough to turn your stomach into a fermenter. One soda with a hamburger is enough to turn your stomach into a still. Sugar on cereal-whether you buy it already sugared in a box or add it yourself-almost guarantees acid fermentation.eat and bread in a sandwich-they are held up in the stomach for a while."

I got all these from the internet.  Interesting reading...Well I think so.

I suffer from a condition that effects the muscles called Fibromyalgia.  Painful.  I have suffered from it for 20 years.  Recently I went to see a chiroporactor and when I told him I had given up sugar he became very excited and started to tell me how it effects the gut and dysgestive system etc then said my fibro would now start to go when I eliminate sugar.  Well that really surprised me.

I am constantly surprised at the negative effects sugar has on the body.  How many other conditions do we suffer from that are because of our consumption of sugar.  The list gets bigger and bigger. 

I guess I will be constantly amazed now as I look for this type of information.  If sugar effects you please let me know as I am very interested.  If you can't leave a message it may be because you dont have a google account.  You can change that by setting up a gmail account.  Easy peasy.  I hope to hear from you soon.

See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment