Thursday, November 8, 2012

What makes a good Hypnotist


So what does it take to be a Hypnotist? 

 

Well I believe you have to like people.  You have to be friendly and approachable and have very good listening skills.  There’s nothing worst then paying to see a professional who does all the talking then proceeds to do the same routine that is used on all clients.  How inappropriate.  So being a Hypnotist means really listening to clients so we can understand why they have come to see us.  Only then can we decide whether hypnosis can help them.  If I can’t, then I like to know that I have enough resources to refer people on to more appropriate practitioners.

 

I went to see a hypnotist a few years ago who had been trained in only one method which is the NLP based Ericksonian.  It had no effect on me at all.  Now the counsellor was probably very good at hypnotising people if they could relax their mind.  My mind goes at about 100 miles a second.  I spent the time analysing her methods  and approach and wondered when the session would finish.  So dare I say that the hypnosis session was sadly unsuccessful.

 

So some of my most recent Hypnosis training has been with Larry & Cheryl Elman.  Larry’s dad was the famous Hypnotist of the 30’s, 40’s, 50’s and 60’s Dave Elman who actually did stage hypnosis for awhile until he moved into more serious hypnosis and started training doctors, anaesthetists and dentists in the States.  He is renown for his induction known as the “Elmanian Induction”.  This is the induction I use as it gets past the conscious mind so we can work with the subconscious.

 
 

In fact here we all are at the Graduation Ceremony when I became a fully pledged Hypnotist.  I am with Larry and Cheryl Elman.

No comments:

Post a Comment