Monday, November 5, 2012


I have been living in Cairns for 12 months now.  It was a big move, our final one though.  I had to leave behind my gorgeous son and my wonderful supportive friends and my business.  Thank goodness for Face Book.  Setting up a new Hypnosis  business is something I have done before as we have moved around Australia a few times starting in Adelaide then living on Christmas Island for many years then moving back to Adelaide which we found to be far too cold for us after so many years in the tropics.  Brisbane was our next move and as much as I liked living there and made some life long friends, I always new it was transitional. 

I love living in Cairns.  I love the people; I love everything about the place….well not the toads that find their way into my pot plants.

And I love setting up my new exciting Hypnosis business.  Why would I enjoy setting up a new Hypnosis business?  Well it means I am really concentrating on my business.   I am totally focussed on it, sending off all that positive stuff out to the universe which means that it is all sent back to me threefold. 

I have to know my market.  I have to be sure of the words I use in advertising and networking when I talk about Hypnosis.  I have to be aware of who else is here in Cairns offering the same Hypnosis service or something similar.   And all this means networking!

Cairns is certainly a place for networking.  I went to 5 networking events last week.

It’s a good thing I love being a Hypnotist and that I love talking about it.  I have to be careful though…not to bore people into a trance…Heck that could have some interesting results!

So after 12 months of living here, how do I feel about it all?  Well I am starting to be recognised when I go to different events.  Hopefully that has nothing to do with the colour of my hair, but if that’s why…. well heck…it really doesn’t matter does it!  It means that people are remembering me and hopefully as a Hypnotist.

I was approached at one networking event and asked if I was the sex therapist.  My answer of course was that indeed I am the Hypnotherapist…not that I call myself a therapist AT ALL….that is not the service I offer.  That is not what Hypnosis is all about.  However this woman did recognise me as a regular to the lunch and now knows exactly what I do……

So more of what I offer next time…and perhaps I’ll talk about the difference between being a Hypnotist and a Hypnotherapist…..speak soon

No comments:

Post a Comment