Monday, February 27, 2012

too easy

So how easy is it to lose weight?  Well for me I'd say easy as.....easy as good healthy eating.
I tried on a pair of shorts and some gorgeous 'capri' pants that I haven't been able to fit in for a couple of years.  They fit and might I say look rather gorgeous on...

I haven't weighed myself.  Don't particularly need to.  All I know is that I can't put weight back on while I dont eat ANY sugars/honeys/lactose/corn syrup/golden syrup/fruit juice extract etc.

I dont eat any low-fat foods now either.  Low-fat foods are engineered to taste approximately the same as full-fat version.  The most common way of achieving this is to increase the sugar content, and then to increase the salt content to balance the additional sweetness.

Now if you like your wine as I do you can still have some.  Average red wine contains 0.6% per glass
which is good as I only drink red wine.  Average white wine contains 1.0% ......so since it is 'safe' to have 6 grams of sugar per day you can safely have a glass or two of wine.  With one important condition alcoholic drinks are ok for the recovering sugarholic as long as they don't taste sweet and they are not mixed with other drinks that contain sugar.  You can keep the dry wines, beers and spirits but you need to toss the dessert wines, ports, sweet sherries, liqueurs and mixers.

So it's not all bad news.  I stick to red wine on the weekends.  That's enough alcohol for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment